We can find out many things about God because He has made Himself known to man.
WHO IS HE?
"I am the LORD; there is no other god. I will give you the strength you need, although you do not know Me. I do this so that everyone from one end of the world to the other may know that I am LORD and that there is no other god besides Me." (Isaiah 45:5-6)
1. God is known by many names or titles. One of the most common titles is LORD. What does God want everyone to know?
The LORD created the heavens by His command - the sun, the moon and stars by His spoken Word. (Psalm 33:6) 2. How did God create the universe?
So God created human beings, making them to be like Himself. He created them male and female. (Genesis 1:27)
3. From Genesis 1:27, what else does God's creation include?
The world and all that is in it belong to the LORD; the earth and all who live in it. (Psalm 24:1)
4. From Psalm 24:1, what belongs to God?
The LORD says, "I will teach you the way you should go; I will instruct you and advise you." (Psalm 32:8)
Cast all your anxiety on God because He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
5. Some believe that God is impersonal and does not care.
But Psalm 32:8 says that God will _____________ and _________________ you.
And 1 Peter 5:7 says that God ______________________________ you.
Just as God who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written, ‘be holy because I am holy'. (1 Peter 1:15-16)
6. What does God say about Himself in 1 Peter 1:15-16)
(God's holiness means He is perfectly free from evil.)
Give thanks to the LORD, because He is good; His love is eternal. (Psalm 136:1)
7. Psalm 136:1 tells us that God is ___________________ and His love is what?
You are great and powerful, glorious, splendid and majestic. Everything in heaven and earth is Yours, and You are king, supreme ruler over all. All riches and wealth come from You; You rule everything by Your strength and power; and You are able to make anyone great and strong. (1 Chronicles 29:11-12)
8. How is God being described in 1 Chronicles 29:11?
9. What can God do? (verse 12)
But you, O Lord, are a merciful and loving God, always patient, always kind and faithful. (Psalm 86:15)
10. According to Psalm 86:15, God is described in what ways?
11. From this study, what are some of the things you have learned about God?